Saturday, December 5, 2009

of 1 Peter 3:7

1 Peter 3:7 says, "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered." KJV


I have heard many people claim that this scripture calls women weak; that it is referring to the wife as a "weaker vessel." I completely disagree. Read 1 Peter 3:7 again, notice it says, "as unto," NOT, "for she is." The difference is momentous.

This scripture is one of my favorites. This verse tells me what God desires for me as a wife. It tells me that God wants me to be a high priority in my husband's life. It tells me that God loves me so much that he wants my husband to consider, protect, and adore me. God wants my husband to handle me as if at any time, for any reason, any move, any decision, that he makes could cause me to break and be destroyed forever. God wants nothing but the best for me. That's a whole lot of love for one tiny verse. Just thinking about the weight of this verse gives me butterflies. Truly God is the author of romance. How fortunate am I to be loved so by Him? It's more than enough to make me walk with my head high and chest out.

Someone IS watching!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG !!! I LOVE YOU B. WERE YOU THINKING OF ME WHEN YOU WROTE THIS? THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SCRIPTURE AND WORDS. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete